Pages

Friday 8 January 2010

LARGE NOSE MAN- Chapter 4

*What is this? A continuing story about a superhero I made up, Large Nose Man. I wrote much of this many years ago, so I have edited it to make (some) sense, although it’s just a bit of fun really. One new chapter up every fortnight!*

Chapter Four

“Welcome to Nuclea Nuclear plant, where we can take any dream and mutate it horribly” said the Nuclea secretary disturbingly sweetly, as Alex Kent walked into reception. She smiled broadly at him. Alex didn’t smile back.

“Where’s the Coburn suite?” Alex asked demandingly, no time for this smiley, happy, jolly small talk.

“Do you have an appointment sir?” Asked the secretary, with a less broad smile than before, starting to suspect Alex was a bit of a moody twat, and in no way a potential partner.

“Yes, the names Alex Lane, and I’m here for a meeting which ‘moves the plot along’, apparently.” Informed Alex, matter of factly.

“Oh good, I know quite a few people have been waiting for you, the plot’s getting a little thin at the moment.” Said the secretary, while pondering if a tank could beat a nuclear powered gibbon in a fight.

“Eh? Thin plot?” Said Alex, quite clearly confused at all this third wall breaking.

“Oh…never mind” the secretary blustered. “You want the Coburn suite on floor 2, right next to the nuclear reactor room” added the secretary, deciding, in her mind, that the tank would probably win. Just.

With that, Alex took the elevator…walked down the hall…and knocked on the door.

“Come in Mr Lane” said a deep voice that permeated through the door.

“Hello, I’m here for the meeting” said Alex.

“Yes, hello, I’m Mr Webb, head of this company, and I just wanted you to sort a few papers out, my staff seem to be dropping like flies at the moment. A lot of mysterious murders, that type of thing. You don’t mind, do you?” Asked Mr Webb kindly.

“I’m not sure I can solve the problem, but I’ll try my best.” Said Alex, wishing he could of answered ‘yes I do mind, I don’t have time for you and your second rate character.’

“Thank you. I’ll just call in my secretary for some hot liquid drinks,” said Mr Webb, pressing the relevant button to contact the secretary. “That’s strange…the line’s gone dead…” said Mr Webb, suddenly concerned.

Suddenly, a knock on the door. Then a stronger knock. Then, the door flew off its hinges. Four men in camouflage suits and one in an all black suit burst in, as Alex and Mr Webb watched in amazement. The man in the immaculate black suit had a monocle on one eye, and a four inch red scar below the other. He stepped towards Alex and Mr Webb, and his monocle glinted menacingly. He smiled a smile that suggested nothing but danger. He spoke.

“Its time for the plot to start moving boys, the Doctors here!”

Part One-

http://ebtksonline.blogspot.com/2009/11/large-nose-man-chapter-one.html

Part Two-

http://ebtksonline.blogspot.com/2009/12/large-nose-man-chapter-two.html

Part Three-

http://ebtksonline.blogspot.com/2009/12/large-nose-man-chapter-three.html

No comments:

Post a Comment