Pages

Friday 11 December 2009

RANDOM RANT- Taking Your Shot

Ever stared deep into your soul?

It’s not nice, I wouldn’t recommend it as a regular activity. What I mean by this pre-amble of course, is what are your dreams, your ambitions, how will you make your mark?

For many, they are happy to not think about that type of thing. I would know, I work part time in a convenience store. Talking about taking your shot and being ‘someone’ to many of my co-workers usually ends with them either going quiet or grabbing the conversation and forcing it into another direction. Working in a store is no-ones idea of realising your dreams. Unless you’re a masochist.

I will admit that I have little chance of ‘making it big.’ So what do you do? Do you either bury your dreams and ambitions deep down, hoping you will be distracted by life’s sideshows to not dwell on them? Or do you work hard, and see if you get your shot in the end? But if you don’t that’s a lot of wasted time. Better put your money on the right number, otherwise there’s no way back. If you don’t risk enough, you may as well have not played.

So there lies the rub. But if you get where you want, will you enjoy it? Will all of that time and effort spent getting there be worth it?

Sometimes, I think lobotomy is the only answer…

 

*I’m aware that I said this blog wouldn’t be a deliberately depressing experience. So here’s a video of a kitten playing with some yarn to lighten up the gloom…*

No comments:

Post a Comment