Pages

Sunday 22 November 2009

RANDOM RANT- Nightclubbing

What’s the deal?

By Simon Reed

Ok, I don’t mind jokes, but this one has gone far enough…what’s so great about nightclubbing?

I know as a student I should be embracing it like some kind of all powerful deity, but I just can’t see the appeal.

Not that I haven’t tried. I’ve gone several times when I was a fresher and each time I’ve got a new reason to stay away from Bournemouth’s nightclubbing scene.

Getting perplexed looks because you’re dressed up as one of the 118 team (don’t ask) I do not mind, but I don’t like dancing (I just can’t for some reason) and not being able to hear anything anyone is saying because of the music…I could go on.

I’m reading this back and it sounds like I’m some kind of killjoy, but that’s not it at all. I love going to the pub with my friends, going bowling, shooting some pool or watching a movie.

Most people I’ve talked to sismiss my arguments, reasoning that you have to get absolutely smashed to enjoy clubbing. But if you need to be pretty much unconscious to have fun doing it, then surely the whole idea isn’t that fun? Or is that just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment