Pages

Sunday 24 October 2010

GAMING: Professor Layton and the Express Disaster

Did you see it? The Daily Express' Professor Layton advert cover that is. Basically, The Express dedicated an extra cover to the new Layton game 'Professor Layton and the Lost Future,' with the actual paper hidden inside. Here it is if you didn't get the chance to see it:


Bizarre isn't it? Judging from the many confused expressions I spotted from customers looking at this cover I would say that this cover was a mistake- by The Express and Level 5.

Over fifty copies were left over in our shop in which I work, where usually there are around 5 or 6. I've said it many times before, but most people are easily confused. So the Express readership, who are mostly middle aged or older, would likely have been bemused by this cover and therefore avoided it, scuttling away from it in a confused stupor.

I liked it though. So much so I kept a few copies of the cover. Sad I know, but there you go. If anyone else wants a copy of this rare piece of Layton memorabilia let me know. Here's some inside and back pics of it.






1 comment:

  1. I'm more shocked that a newspaper would sell out like that! God I'm naive... ;)

    http://barkersbite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete